As a worker-owner at Real Pickles, I’m excited that my work exists at the intersection of two of my passions: building a just food system, and building co-operative economies. There is plenty of work to do at that intersection, and we are not alone as we do it. We have powerful historical examples of cooperatives…Read More
FERMENT BLOG: Voices from Real Pickles
This blog is maintained by the staff at Real Pickles, where we believe that fermentation is important at all levels of life - from the food we eat to our involvement in re-shaping our world.
We’re proud to announce that TWO Real Pickles products have been named Good Food Awards Finalists for 2020!! The Organic Beet Kvass and Organic Nettle Kraut both had high scores in the blind tasting competition and met the strict vetting criteria for sustainability. We’re proud to be among 307 companies in the running for a 2020 Good Food Award. With a demonstrated commitment to environmental stewardship and growing their businesses in harmony with a better food system, these outstanding crafters represent the nation’s best in delicious, sustainable fare.
We’re excited to share several great stories of our mission-related work in our 2019 Annual Report, including our new solar array that makes us 100% solar powered! We also highlight scientific and community business collaborations, two new worker-owners, and our thoughts on a climate-resilient food system. And, our Annual Report welcomes a new crop of socially-minded investors supporting our work for a better food system! Check it out>>
- Four local food producers capture national awards | Greenfield Recorder (January 17, 2019)
- Minimum wage will rise to $12 an hour in Massachusetts on Jan. 1 |
Mass Live (December 24, 2019)
- Of the Earth: Fermenting visions of a long life | Greenfield Recorder (November 27, 2018)
- Pickle Power: Can fermented food fight off colds? | Daily Hampshire Gazette (October 9, 2018)
- UMass scientists partner with Real Pickles | Greenfield Recorder (September 27th, 2018)