As a worker-owner at Real Pickles, I’m excited that my work exists at the intersection of two of my passions: building a just food system, and building co-operative economies. There is plenty of work to do at that intersection, and we are not alone as we do it. We have powerful historical examples of cooperatives…Read More
FERMENT BLOG: Voices from Real Pickles
This blog is maintained by the staff at Real Pickles, where we believe that fermentation is important at all levels of life - from the food we eat to our involvement in re-shaping our world.
Seeking permanent production assistant staff at Real Pickles Co-operative. We are a small co-operative business based in Greenfield, MA, producing raw, naturally fermented pickled foods from local, organic vegetables. Production work includes all aspects of production, including preparing fresh vegetables for fermentation (in season) and packaging finished product into glass jars.
We are an equal opportunity provider and employer.
Real Pickles is in operation under the COVID-19 Essential Services provision within Massachusetts Governor Baker’s recent emergency order. We are operating with reduced staff and following strict guidance established by the MA Department of Public Health, the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, and US Food & Drug Administration. All staff who can work remotely are doing so, and those working on-site are following social distancing protocols in all aspects of production, shipping, deliveries, and office work.
Our top priorities include,
- caring for our employees and keeping them safe;
- continuing to provide nourishing food to our community during this time when health and nutrition are of utmost importance;
- supplying regional grocers who are experiencing surging demand and intermittent distribution and supply; and
- successfully steering our business through these challenging times so that we can continue to provide healthy food, meaningful jobs and ownership opportunities into the future.
To all our customers, please know we are following strict protocols at all times to keep our product and employees safe.
For any questions, or to arrange curbside pickup, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Wishing everyone health and safety during this difficult time.
– The crew at Real Pickles.
- Real Pickles Garners Two Awards | Greenfield Recorder (January 24, 2020)
- Four local food producers capture national awards | Greenfield Recorder (January 17, 2019)
- Minimum wage will rise to $12 an hour in Massachusetts on Jan. 1 |
Mass Live (December 24, 2019)
- Of the Earth: Fermenting visions of a long life | Greenfield Recorder (November 27, 2018)
- Pickle Power: Can fermented food fight off colds? | Daily Hampshire Gazette (October 9, 2018)