Do you have an abundance of cabbage, daikon, cucumbers, or beets from your garden or CSA share? Do you have memories of pickles and sauerkraut bubbling away in a crock in your grandparents’ cellar? Would you like to recreate these in your own kitchen? If you’re brand new to fermentation, you are in the right…Read More
FERMENT BLOG: Voices from Real Pickles
This blog is maintained by the staff at Real Pickles, where we believe that fermentation is important at all levels of life - from the food we eat to our involvement in re-shaping our world.
Seeking production assistant staff at Real Pickles Co-operative. We are a small co-operative business based in Greenfield, MA, producing raw, naturally fermented pickled foods from local, organic vegetables. Production work includes all aspects of production, including preparing fresh vegetables for fermentation (in season) and packaging finished product into glass jars.
We are an equal opportunity provider and employer.
With last fiscal year’s Annual Report (ending March 2020), we’re excited to share some of our mission-related work from the past year, much of which seemed to come in pairs! We welcomed two new worker-owners, accepted two Good Food Awards, cultivated a variety of farm partnerships that resulted in two fun and tasty small batch products! The report also covers our initial navigation of the COVID crisis as well as a statement in solidarity with the Black Lives Matter network. Check it Out Here>>
- Real Pickles Garners Two Awards | Greenfield Recorder (January 24, 2020)
- Four local food producers capture national awards | Greenfield Recorder (January 17, 2019)
- Minimum wage will rise to $12 an hour in Massachusetts on Jan. 1 |
Mass Live (December 24, 2019)
- Of the Earth: Fermenting visions of a long life | Greenfield Recorder (November 27, 2018)
- Pickle Power: Can fermented food fight off colds? | Daily Hampshire Gazette (October 9, 2018)