32-36 hours per week / Reports to Sales Manager
Real Pickles is a worker-owned co-operative in Greenﬁeld, MA, producing organic fermented vegetables from Northeast-grown produce. Our mission is to promote human and ecological health by providing people with delicious, nourishing food and by working toward a regional, organic food system in the Northeast. As a co-op, each worker has the opportunity to become an owner of the business and participate in shaping its future. We are strongly committed to creating good jobs that support the dignity of all workers in an equitable and inclusive workplace.
We are seeking to hire a well-qualiﬁed individual to join our team as a Sales Representative. We are looking for someone with a strong interest in organic food and Real Pickles’ mission, and with a desire to explore worker-ownership in our co-op (available upon completing 1 year of employment with us).
The Sales Representative position involves creating and building relationships with existing and potential customers to maintain and grow Real Pickles sales throughout the Northeast. The job requires communicating Real Pickles’ mission, product attributes and fermentation knowledge to customers, including distributors, retailers, cafes, restaurants and individuals. Sales duties include generating leads, closing deals, tracking trends and increasing sales at current accounts through a mix of phone, email and in-person communication. The position includes customer service tasks, including taking orders, processing invoices and arranging shipments. Approximately 1 to 2 days per month travel. Duties may also include occasionally assisting with distribution tasks and representing Real Pickles at weekend events. The work is primarily based at our facility in Greenfield. Schedule is negotiable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to effectively problem solve with customers and co-workers.
- Ability to independently manage and prioritize time and responsibilities.
- Flexibility and ability to manage several tasks at once.
- A collaborative and respectful team player.
- Strong computer skills and attention to detail.
- Interest in organic, local and natural food trends.
- Valid drivers license.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- $18-$20/hour (with $0.50/hr raises twice annually for 2-4 years, followed by annual cost-of-living adjustment).
- Paid time off benefit.
- SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with 3% company match.
- Employer-sponsored health insurance plan available (for 36+ hour/week schedule).
- Eligibility after one year to become a worker-owner in our co-op.
Please email a resume, letter of interest, and answers to the questions below. Send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please tell us about your interest in local and organic food trends. How would you describe Real Pickles’ place in the local and organic food movement?
- As a sales representative, your job would include finding and establishing new customer accounts for Real Pickles and increasing sales through existing accounts. Please tell us about your style and approach to success with this type of work.
This position will remain open until it is filled.
RP is committed to an equitable, inclusive and supportive workplace where everyone is treated as a respected member of the team. We value having a diversity of life experiences and perspectives on our staff. Applicants who identify as people of color and/or trans are especially encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer.